Stella Connect Slack App
The Stella Connect Slack app allows you to share customer feedback directly to Slack, increasing visibility and allowing your team's successes to shine. Our Slack app provides a couple of different sharing options so that you can use the one, or both, that works best for your team!
Copy & Paste Unfurling of Feedback
The first method for sharing feedback is a simple one. When you copy a shareable link for a piece of feedback and paste it into Slack, the feedback itself (star-rating and any comment, if applicable) will be displayed as part of your Slack message -- this means that anyone you share feedback with in Slack will have visibility without needing their own Stella Connect profile.
Once you've followed the instructions at the end of this article to install the Slack app from your company's integrations page in Stella Connect, and have authenticated to allow us to post to Slack, you can begin using copy and paste to share feedback links.
Please note that you can only authenticate on Slack workspace per Stella Connect company subdomain.
To access the shareable link for a piece of feedback, simply navigate to your Stream and click the copy shareable link icon underneath a piece of feedback.
Your link has been copied, now you can open up Slack, paste, and share!
Automated Feedback Sharing in Slack
The second option for sharing feedback in Slack allows for automation - this means that as responses come in, we'll automatically post them to Slack. You can choose the channel, and let us know which feedback to share.
The two most popular use cases are:
- Post all 5-star responses and the comment, if applicable, to a shoutout Slack channel that you select - this allows for more company-wide visibility into your team's hard work and success!
- Send negative feedback (this includes 1-3 star responses and their comments, if applicable) to a dedicated Slack channel (or straight to a manager's private channel) - this allows for more in-the-moment coaching and service recovery opportunities. Please note that we cannot use variable agent or team details to find an agent's manager.
Once you've followed the steps below to install the Stella Connect Slack app and authenticate so that we can post to your Slack instance, please reach out to your Client Success Manager to have automation set up.
Some things to prepare for a Slack automation request:
We'll need some information when you reach out to your Client Success Manager to have us set up Slack automation. Please gather the following information, and/or any questions you may have about capabilities.
- We'll need to know the channel ID for positive feedback Slack automation.
- To find your channel ID, open your Slack workspace in your web browser, click on the channel you'd like to use, and copy the ID number at the end of the Slack URL. The ID number is 9 digits long and is normally a combination of letters and numbers.
- We'll also need to know any channel ID for negative feedback Slack automation if you're also requesting this capability.
- If you'd like to expand upon the two popular use cases we've outlined above, please let your Client Success Manager know what you're hoping to achieve.
Note: If you have already installed & authenticated the Slack app to use the unfurl capabilities, you'll need to re-authenticate in order to use automation before reaching out to your Client Success Manager.
Installing & Authenticating Stella Connect Slack App
A Stella Connect company admin can follow the simple steps below to install the Stella Connect Slack app and authenticate so that we can post to your Slack instance prior to reaching out to your Client Success Manager to set up automation.
- Navigate to your Stella Connect Settings panel, and select Integrations
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Add To Slack button
- You'll see a Slack webpage asking you to sign into your workspace
- Once you've signed into your Slack workspace, you'll see a page that provides details about the integration. Click Authorize.
- Once authorization is complete, you'll be sent back to Stella Connect and see a success message at the top of the page stating Slack links are now enabled for your team.
Note: While installing, you'll see a notification that states the Stella Connect app has not been reviewed or approved by Slack. We want to ensure the app installation lives inside of Stella Connect, so this notification is only in reference to the fact that our app is not discoverable inside of the Slack app directory and should not be a cause for concern. Please reach out to your Client Success Manager with any questions.
You can now begin to copy and paste feedback links into Slack to see them unfurl when sharing! If you'd like to set up Stella Connect automated sharing in Slack, you can now reach out to your Client Success Manager.